Sunday, June 16, 2013

Coming Out

On this Father's Day, 2013 ... the day when men of God should be honored for their humility before and obedience to their Lord Jesus ... yet the sad day when our land beholds a blight upon it as cities all across the nation pridefully celebrate sexual lust and perversion of that which God created to be good and holy ... I was moved by the Spirit to place this in proper context for myself and any who may listen.  Although I've never been tempted to homosexual sin, I know others who have and heterosexual sin has certainly not escaped me.  Please, read on ...

Today ... is not the first day for me.  I came out a long time ago.  On that day I acknowledged, admitted, and fully accepted the way I was born.  There was nothing I could do to change myself.  My nature was what it was and no one else was going to change me either.  Homosexual lust was not in me; but heterosexual lust and pride and greed were all so natural.  That must have been how I was intended to be.  It's not like I was faking those desires.  When I acted out, sometimes I felt guilty.  But that was everyone else's problem, not mine.  They just had to get used to the fact that I was right.  They'd get over it.  Maybe they just hadn't found the guts to come out themselves.  They just needed to take some pride in themselves. After all, the more I acted out in my true self, the less guilt I felt.  My conscience didn't feel so bad after a while ... it seemed to get a bit dull to these things ... most of the time.

Any of that sound familiar?  Of course I couldn't change myself.  But that was nothing to be proud of.  Acknowledging, admitting, and fully accepting the way I was born was only the beginning ... I had to allow the True Word to reveal to me that my nature was corrupt and everything flowing so naturally from it was sin. (Rom 3:23)  My pride had to give way to shame and sorrow and repentance.  In the blazing light of God's holiness, I was awakened to my unworthiness.  My natural self desperately needed something, Someone supernatural.  Thanks be to Jesus Christ my risen Lord, coming out was not the end! (Rom 7:24-25)

Jesus shed His precious blood, voluntarily, freely laying down His life (Eph 1:7, 2:13, Rom 6:23) so that coming out is only the beginning ... so that sin confessed can be forgiven and the corrupted, fallen nature of every man, woman, boy, and girl can be washed clean, restored, made whole, transformed by the indwelling, purifying Holy Spirit. (1 John 1:9-10Rom 12:1-2)  It's not just the LGBT community that needs to hear this.  There is a whole world out there full of lost souls crying out ... coming out in various ways and not understanding what the turmoil is within them ... knowing they desperately need something, Someone supernatural ... to set them free. (John 8:36)

No comments:

Post a Comment